This is an archive. The forum is not taking new registrations or allowing new discussion, despite what the buttons might suggest.

Mexican Academy of Hair Styling.

2»

Comments

• hairdresser
    edited September 2009
    here u go peter thanx to g s v.
    (have i been asleep in the barber shop and missed this win awards - or wots the story?)
    sunblind was retracted when i saw it - looked dainty.
    garage door is too good. laundro mat jammed in behind glass. tokyo grunge. tops.
    moose droppings to east u r talking about belongs in south yarra?
  • hairdresser
    edited September 2009
    big balcony up the top is a bit of a let down/whatever - but just HD personal taste.
    also built a bit rough for a nice post war shit approximate feel. beats that haybale/da vinci can'tcrete. would give luke and his banana straightening mates a run with old mexican money.
  • peter
    edited November -1
    <p>No, it is still Hayballs, I had the wrong one. Doing clever stuff with concrete.</p>
    <p>http://www.hayball.com.au/projects.html#/projects/leicester-street</p>
  • hairdresser
    edited September 2009
    xplains the out of place move at the top. the boss stepped in + ruined it? didn't need pompous balcony.
    -must b a b team there doing the good work.

nice thing is its straight up with the crete rather than talented.
    rough as guts in spots - nice. the builder?
    taking a beating up the lane from delivery trucks......
    - a new trip at ground level thats on the money.

interesting compare with shaved black stump by cobblers down in railyards.
    what a stinker! must have been a virtual fat guy in their computer sat on the model.
  • sod
    sod
    edited September 2009
    <p>that hayball job is a cracker - been sitting there for years and there's another one up in north melbourne almost as good. looks like the canada hotel was pulled out of the same bag of tricks but a little to considered for its own good.</p>
    <p>cobblers would blame becton - might have a point but it's still a lump of dogsht.</p>
    <p>warbles pumped some re animator juice into dead harry to get that mu mutant piece out.</p>
  • hairdresser
    edited September 2009
    ^that the one off elizabeth street just north of markets?
    sort of tiny tokyo scale to it.

reckon they are on to something with these.
    their other stuff is just generic dead hand grid shit.
  • sod
    sod
    edited November -1
    <p>hd - the one on high st north melbourne - might of been published in aa.</p>
    <p>density is the only thing really going for the one in elizabeth street</p>
  • hairdresser
    edited September 2009
    think i know - looks more like regular haybail.
    balconies let it down a bit for me. poofy.
    this it?
  • hairdresser
    edited September 2009
    watched elizabeth st. getting built on odd occasions.
    went through a cool stage before colour and balconies.
    then..... they lost it. but briefly it looked like hard-core nippon bed town was happening.
    happens a lot - mexicans should just stop at 80% progress claim?

would never have picked the orange glass one as haybail u know - too good and too purged.
    i was guessing some young sydney crew had crept into town and laid it on.
    to be honest its the best thing i reckon i've seen here for 5 years....or 10.
  • sod
    sod
    edited November -1
    <p>that's it - maybe a bit prissy compared to the other one but it's still miles ahead of most apartment projects.</p>
  • hairdresser
    edited September 2009
    ^true.

on the basis of #1 haybail at a stones throw from sandstone walls MU would have been better advised by a fat vampire other than gravitarse? it hammers any mantlepiece dog with a hat.

Hairdresser thinks it would have been radder comp in lygon st. fiesta bbq format/steeplechase carnage
    than smelliot vu de monde stink cloud/melbourne cup.

- two tier stage 1.

tier 1 - automatic rego of MU grads to stage 2 - even dead ones.
    (holding a parade director masters would have voided this leg up).

tier 2 - rest of the universe fight it out with 10 A-1 panels in unrestricted comp with full costed designs.
    (wear em out).

Assemble 20 person jury (= gender representation + indigenous chair).
    supply with room full of slabs and pinot and tape whole selection process.

do it all over again in a stage 2 with 50 of the best against sandstone ticket fresh horses.

would have been 1 min uninteresting project on the wall from someone?
    + spectacle of Klein Bottle and the Bling Bros. have it out with who has the biggest petri dish.

- all assumes MU is an architecture department?
  • peter_j
    edited November 2009
    Hayballs don't need us to tout their work - their own PR team is working very effectively...
    http://www.theage.com.au/business/making-hay-and-the-best-use-of-sunshine-20091110-i7ql.html
  • Anti-Narcissist
    edited November 2009
    A woman was at her hairdresser's getting her hair styled for a trip to Rome with her husband. She mentioned the trip to the hairdresser, who responded, " Rome ? Why would anyone want to go there? It's crowded and dirty. You're crazy to go to Rome . So, how are you getting there?" "We're taking Qantas," was the reply. "We got a great rate!"
    "Qantas?" exclaimed the hairdresser. "That's a terrible airline. Their planes are old, their flight attendants are ugly and they're always late. So, where are you staying in Rome ?"

"We'll be at this exclusive little place over on Rome 's Tiber River called Teste."

"Don't go any further. I know that place. Everybody thinks it's gonna be something special and exclusive, but it's really a dump, the worst hotel in the city! The rooms are small, the service is surly and they're overpriced. So, whatcha' doing when you get there?"

"We're going to go to see the Vatican and we hope to see the Pope."

"That's rich," laughed the hairdresser, "You and a million other people trying to see him. He'll look the size of an ant. Boy, good luck on this lousy trip of yours. You're going to need it."

A month later, the woman again came in for a hairdo. The hairdresser asked her about her trip to Rome .

"It was wonderful!" exclaimed the woman, "Not only were we on time in one of Qantas' brand new planes, but it was overbooked and they bumped us up to first class. The food and wine were wonderful, and I had a handsome 28-year-old steward who waited on me hand and foot. And the hotel was great! They'd just finished a $5 million remodeling job and now it's a jewel, the finest hotel in the city. They, too, were overbooked, so they apologized and gave us their owner's suite at no extra charge!"

Well," muttered the hairdresser, "that's all well and good, but I know you didn't get to see the Pope."

"Actually, we were quite lucky, because as we toured the Vatican a Swiss Guard tapped me on the shoulder and explained that the Pope likes to meet some of the visitors, and if I'd be so kind as to step into his private room and wait the Pope would personally greet me. Sure enough, five minutes later, the Pope walked through the door and shook my hand! I knelt down and he spoke a few words to me."

"Oh, really! What'd he say?"

He said, "Where'd you get the awful haircut?"
  • hairdresser
    edited November 2009
    i agree hague, the academy of hairdressing is ruled by taste, not style.

but i disagree with your prejudice that women are stupid. No one comes back for a cut unless they like the style......
    only sicilians r the exception to revenge by postcard ?!

whats nice ^ your fashion is peasantly clunky when u r yourself, a domestic fencer who waffled but got no banana.
    ---years in traction playing gobetween air guitar in a kkkardboard kimono has not helped you with plotlines but.
  • collar
    edited November -1
    Yes, but that lesson relies on the woman (in the parable) accurately relating the events of her holiday, etc.

In terms of the genre, I much prefer the style of Kipling.

Off topic: Has any one read 'How the camel got its hump'?
  • hairdresser
    edited November 2009
    accuracy = pope has ring kissed.
    hague demonstrates parables r a lost form?

collar - i'd love to hear how the camel got humped.
  • Anti-Narcissist
    edited November 2009
    Could've added "Boom Boom" at the end for better effect.
    Surely you laughed, not even a snigger?
  • hairdresser
    edited November -1
    not even.
  • cabbie
    edited November -1
    <p>ha ha....</p>
  • hairdresser
    edited November 2009
    ^^^--- do laugh at your club hague.
    centuries of mexican radio in the salon listening to team tepid play their mans with the lights turned off.

u need to get piss fit + into practice b4 the next draw?
  • Anti-Narcissist
    edited November -1
    Dear oh dear HD, Still barking up the wrong tree with acute paranoia
    Might as call me Lindy Chamberlain, Joan or ARc or Jesus Christ. All of course, were wrongly accused.
  • hairdresser
    edited November 2009
    cutely barking over your beehive hague. don't grind your low ratio gears over which boot and belt goes with your zorro suit. your drag is universal.
  • luke
    edited November -1
    The dingo was innocent Messiah.
  • hairdresser
    edited November 2009
    ......everyone knows who their hairdresser is.

4 u hoo hagues its wot u r. making cents - been out to pick this up.
  • hairdresser
    edited November 2009
    12^
    hague doesn't want us to tout Haybails work either P J.
    missed that article buried on the back of the whopperXword. T J talks like a 4 real barber if u ask me.
    Wots the alternative. Stormin Norman getting out of bed bi annual to take a lazy scratch at a scab of his own - or the xphillip morris man doing product placement in an ironic reference to critic period. Business pages make cents and r the right place for it.
  • Anti-Narcissist
    edited November -1
    11^
    Collar

I prefer Hans Christian Andersen's "The Emperor's new clothes"

We're not laughing with them , just at them.
  • hairdresser
    edited November 2009
    travis had money in his meter.
    .....old red cross ambo converted to a fairy floss limo running on LiquidGuiltGas just don't pull the skin off cactus?

wot gives u the funny ha ha has about the Haybales better homes and gardens?
  • hairdresser
    edited November 2009
    15^
  • hairdresser
    edited November 2009
    hagues returned to QLD on a protestant emergency.

back on topic?
    mantle piece leaner will never b this good. thinks he can b aalva aalto without getting drunk?
    Anglican't MU will die wondering what LSD tastes like.