This is an archive. The forum is not taking new registrations or allowing new discussion, despite what the buttons might suggest.

Early bets for 2009 Awards

Comments

• luke
    edited November -1
    Rmc have been blocked by some middle aged steward setting themselves up for a win. It is a classic game - must be a few punters in Vic trying to hold their radical turf?
  • sod
    sod
    edited July 2009
    <p>the conference centre was the most interesting thing about this years award - a seamless progression from a sharp exterior to an exhausted and dull interior. banquet room is a miserable shocker. i reckon it would've struggled to beat the mtc in any category if it was running this years race. good move to hold it back for next year. not sure rmc got robbed - tools probably fall off the gate when its opened and the earth covered roof is token stuff. luke - can't see any radical turf that needs protecting - that sardine can thing was readily consumed by the profession and public.</p>
  • luke
    edited November -1
    sod: Self-appointed radical turf surfers are territorial - its relevance that needs protection. There are plenty of middle aged riders seeking importance at this stage of their lives. Very busy at the pointy end of the syndicates running the vic turf club for the past 20yrs. Only way a sardine can could compete would be to put the fish on the outside - fcuk, it keeps us northern tobacco chewing punters laughing anyway.
  • hairdresser
    edited July 2009
    ^^ banquet room not bad sod - just a room with a window.
    don't mind its international passport to ordinariness atmosphere.
    no argument but - boot deserved interior design prize.

Convection centre might have shot hobnails off boot for JR ub prize.
    CC has an inhabitable outside v Boot making ABC building look good.

------
    small prize is interesting ground for starter practices.
    but hadn't picked up the tools falling off shed gate.
    are there some photos somewhere?

------
    ^rolled sardine can should be bizarre luke.
    -- but looked as uncontemporary as murcatt spawn throwback?
    rest of housing defied uncontemporary.
    21 century isn't panning out like the comic books said it would.
  • info
    edited November -1
    Had the displeasure of attending the Qld awards the other night.
    $140 a ticket for a very ordinary dinner and cheap wine in the forgetable Convention Centre.
    Hard to remember any of the awards - the insipid AIA sponsorship logo/advertising oil seemed to grease over everything. Every ten minutes was interupted by a video commercial break - classy. GHD did the 'installation' which looked like a 50yr old alcoholics intestine blown up and hung from the ceiling - weird.
    Captain Kirk got the public building award for the GPN at UQ - looks pretty sharp - will go check it out. The jury seemed hell bent on recognizing the regions - a very generous move.
  • luke
    edited July 2009
    Don't waste your time INFO. Captain Kirk's effort is a melted tim tam.

Gutters Holes and Drains have got a slick stable of foxy whores in their marquee.
  • info
    edited July 2009
    Thing I don't get is if there are all these sponsors
    Why are the tickets so expensive and the show so shite? There was even a didge intro showcasing the previous awards for housing - the crowd was squirming (ex Canberra/Venice B marketing?)
    Any other night $140 would get you into a Broncos game, a pizza and a b'job in the valley - with less adds, more booze, and more class than last Friday's night out. What a joke.

Luke: Not enough tree hugging battens for you? Or do you want Q150 to tie on some shoelaces?
  • hairdresser
    edited July 2009
    quess QLD has matured while the SUS stain unable award entries in mexico look like they all stepped back into Joh era Bris Vegas.

@ info - a boring evening, with cold food and cheap wine is not an easy thing to arrange these days.
    you have to go out of your way to make it happen. $140 is cheap for the effort to create that effect.
  • hairdresser
    edited July 2009
    ^
    whats the captain kirk thing by the way?
  • luke
    edited July 2009
    ^^INFO, there are not enough tiles for keeping the stables clean. The horse shit sticks to all those finicky little pieces of wood. It also makes me think of teenage DHA suffering from anemia.
  • info
    edited November -1
    HD: Starship Enterprise. The Captain is on a mission.

Luke: You could run a decent steeple chase throught it without having an epileptic fit from all the diagonal graphics. DHA has stalled - best work behind them - now doing w*nk furniture with the Cool Clan.
  • luke
    edited November -1
    ^INFO - yep, maybe DHA best's work behind them, ikea shop under them, but stalled no - tim tams is off on a new trip. Some of that stuff - like the rock foyer with hung table lamps has Bris Vegas confused.

I believe Captain Kirk is going round and round the asteroid belt with a pirate GPS.
  • hairdresser
    edited July 2009
    _ this irwin allen banters been going over my head.
    r u guys talking about the new wig at UQ.
    I've seen a photo. u r being a bit harsh luke? photos can lie.

it looks like a real enough head of hair - no mexican mange.
    bald heads and hairy backs are a bad look in the water at noosa if thats what you mean by diagonal graphics info.

- one of the prizes at the mexico city logies that has been rock solid for years in a world of change is the colourbond award. they say its for steel architecture - but they really mean tin sheet i think.
    Good to see it go to some stripy colorbond in 09. Odds on a smart arz wins it next year for being clever with one colour all over. (taking Bets). Hairdresser would like to see someone get it for resisting using any colourbond any fcuken where and then getting the medal for special encouragment to keep not using the shite.
  • sod
    sod
    edited November -1
    hd - see aa - reviewed by some poet/architect.

mtc's cafe urbanism wasn't enough to get the melbourne prize whatever that is.

no idea if hayball deserved the melbourne prize but i was happy to see it get the nod over the handbags and the matchbox in the multi res category. controversy? someone saw matchbox man bustle out after the winner was called.
  • hairdresser
    edited November -1
    @ sod. I'd sent Architecture New Zealand to the bottom of the salon rack without looking!
    thanks for the tip. alan sandwich is more a smith street mime artist the punters walk past. I can't be fcuked guessing and reading it. r m c r still doing old tech green roof there a bit like lyen down the coast. need to go hunn? but run a solid line in suburban small talk - be too much to expect the tin headed jury to notice people who whisper.

hayball building is an old dog thats been run over and lived? tough or sadsack? dead cert concrete jointing will look shit in 10 years! maybe jury out to prove they (profession) are not all elitist pricks to the public. thinking can backfire if u been hanging out to do if for years. inevitable or controversial - take ur pick.

I'm gonna take a day off and look at the heritage winner. Hoping I'm not disappointed when i look in their mirror.
  • info
    edited November -1
    I reckon the colorbond award is the only real one going
    One material, one sponsor, one idea
    If only it was that simple
  • luke
    edited November -1
    who gives a f*ck about you vic mob - seriously?
    Kilts/vs's/gravitarses - it's a stitch up for the past decade
    no race there - unless pluggin second hand imacs in the comentary box

info- it's a plural world - one idea won't cut it
  • hairdresser
    edited July 2009
    dead right info.
    the rule is simple for bluescope. use the shit and promote it and blue scope will give u ----nothing.
    the institute will get some $ for general bullshit and give u a piece of paper.

hairdresser says stick up 100K every year and make it the prize to win.
    real amounts of stinking filthy lucre shouts down medals to most barbers.
    maybe no one would have the guts to go on the jury - bound to be death threats?
  • info
    edited November -1
    luke: you and your mates are Goon Show - love the race track analogy... so entertaining.
    Don't stop typing on my account ...
  • luke
    edited November -1
    Info - you're probably the type doing BER makeovers sucking the Rudders stallion - so to speak.
    Reckon you could take on HD's dare?
  • hairdresser
    edited July 2009
    be just BER makeovers in 010 and nothing else.
    ---- templates + colorbond award were made for each other.
  • info
    edited November -1
    the on;y award not interupted by the add break here in Brisbane last week was the colobond session
    Dopey project services hugged the limelight in a critically smacked up way
    Very LA

Luke: real world sucks - keep sweeping the stalls
  • yobitch .
    edited November -1
    Very good Goon Show freak show. The cast can't win - so amble along. The Qld posturing is the real entertainment. Cuddly in a kind of 3yr old way.
    Lippy Luke you're clearly needing a decent hit.
  • simon season
    edited November -1
    BORING!
    Going back to my hand holding mantra circle at Straddie.
  • hairdresser
    edited November -1
    whats up Yob.
    chapel street dead tonight?
  • luke
    edited July 2009
    You are a mexican right through doctor Yobbo.
    If you lost the air of superiority - you could detect the taco farts.
    Your towns bubble blowing days are over -up north you only go to melbourne if you savor drinking burnt coffee and being served warmed food at classy restaurants.
  • peter
    edited November -1
    <p>Umm... a bit of faking going on. Those "yobitch ." and "simon season" profiles have just been created using slightly different names to "yobitch" and "simon seasons". Not happy.</p>
  • peter
    edited November -1
    <p>The two profiles have been banned - the first ever bannings on this forum.</p>
  • hairdresser
    edited November -1
    @ info.
    the colorbond awards been lame for too long. take a look at the mexican jury.
    expertise is needed. get a sheetmetal worker on the panel.

the point is right. its only award that focuses on a medium and not a fake catagory.
    3 divisions of housing now in mexico? 4 if u count small.

should just go with a glass award. a brick award. a stoopidity award etc.
    having a colourbond award is good - its like having a photography prize in art.
    Only problem is its stuck in the carnival rut.

^
    picked up season wasn't the full 4.
    sucked right into the shampoo sink by yobitch the sentence.
  • luke
    edited November -1
    If only it was that easy to ban the copy or the copier?