This is an archive. The forum is not taking new registrations or allowing new discussion, despite what the buttons might suggest.

Venice Architecture Biennale

13»

Comments

• info
    edited November -1
    <p>any news on the pavilion re-design comp winner? GOing ahead or what?</p>
    <p>Hope it floats:</p>
  • hairdresser
    edited December 2008
    info - i think the tax dodgers stunt comp fell in a hole with his reputation.

real thing was in the hands of the arts community - its their building and they have a history of pulling off very credible shows (stun the world type jobs) - there was talk someone was stumping up $. i'd guess those $ recently disappeared.

phil lives? ha ha ha.
    maybe his dog can swim.
  • info
    edited November -1
    The Contemporary Shrinking City (see latest Post Magazine issue) - seems like a poor rip-off of the 2006 venice theme by bertram and murray, which in turn was a poor rip-off of the japanese headspace early 2000.
  • hairdresser
    edited December 2008
    abundant highlights.

http://www.architecture.com.au/emailnews/enews/2008-12/raiaenews_national_news.html#abundant

in sydney only - (should be able to make it along.)
    this one is the interesting one - be curated.

thompson/lyen/the boot/VSGA r not involved.
    bob dirtbag unplugged?
  • info
    edited November -1
    @HD - probably the cheapest storage rent going - I wouldn't want a rejected exhibition in my studio either. Object gallery sounds perfect - they haven't got any vision past 1m either.
  • hairdresser
    edited December 2008
    yeah - u r right info - this will be the rejected exhibition.

this is the one that was meant to go from sydney.
    - its bob and alexi's set list before they saddled up the camel for the delegator walked in by the 3 amigos after they bombed the fish and chip shop and distracted the bluestone academy's clerical staff.
    "there was a big need to present australia in a slightly(?) more radical way to the world."(bob d)

be interested to see if the shop looks different without a sports department and a bit less stock in the window. sydney will be vindicated?
  • hairdresser
    edited January 2009
    i came across this on googling for the latest in brisbane design haircuts/half full glasses. ha ha ha.
    from by design on ABC a while back it seems.
  • hairdresser
    edited January 2009
    and this!