This is an archive. The forum is not taking new registrations or allowing new discussion, despite what the buttons might suggest.

EVENT 28June 7.30pm - 'Letters from Palestine'

Will peace and justice ever prevail in Palestine ?

Fabrizio Galimberti, an Italian economist living in Australia, first went to Palestine in 2003 to do voluntary work in a refugee camp. During this time, and the subsequent years that he returned to Palestine, he sent emails back about his experiences to his children. His book 'Letters from Palestine' is a compilation of these emails.

Fabrizio will be sharing his experiences from his time in Palestine in the John Garratt Bookroom on Thursday, June 28, 2007.

Details

When: 28 June 2007 - 7. 30pm for 8pm
Where: John Garratt Bookroom

32 Glenvale Cres
MULGRAVE VIC 3170
We're just half an hour down the Monash Freeway from Melbourne's CBD

"I think Jesus is making an experiment on us..." said to us, half jokingly, Joudeh Morkos, the Tourism minister of Palestine. He is the only Christian member of the Hamas-led Government in the West Bank. He has very few illusions, "but," he added, "My faith compels me to hope".

In this martyred part of the world, groaning under forty years of military occupation, 'the cross we have to bear' takes on a new meaning. Together with other international volunteers, I have been visiting, for four years, a refugee camp in the little town where Jesus was born, and the realization comes with a shock: the place which saw the birth of the grandest message of love and salvation is a bleeding wound of despair and suffering.

RSVP: sales@johngarratt.com.au

or Phone 1300 650 878 by Wednesday 27 June for catering & seating (limited) purposes

For more information about bookroom talks visit: www.johngarratt.com.au/thursdaytalk.php