This is an archive. The forum is not taking new registrations or allowing new discussion, despite what the buttons might suggest.

RAIA conference

fineline
edited April 2007 in architecture
What gives with the prices for the conference? I was going to go just on the Saturday with a friend, but it would have cost $495 each. $990 for what?? For one day of 3 rather vaguely described sessions along the lines of "famous architect talks to old prominent architect". Haven't they booked anyone yet?

What is the point of having a conference that only 5% of the people I know can afford to go to? I know they're trying to make these things more intimate and conversational - I guess by cutting the plebs out of it they will do this - it will be intimate with gold cufflinks, like the Melbourne Club.

Comments

• yobitch
    edited January 1970
    I agree.Rates should be far more flexible.Secrecy does not help their cause-surely the point is maximum access to maximum number of participants - the RAIA is a non-profit organisation or are some sucker states subsidising other indulgent Chapters - hello Sydney ?