This is an archive. The forum is not taking new registrations or allowing new discussion, despite what the buttons might suggest.

which is the best capital in the world?

elisa kouloumenta
edited September 2006 in architecture
which capital do you vote as the best in the world?
i vote for Paris

Comments

• FBE Rocks
    edited January 1970
    certainly NOT Canberra.

what criterias are you judging this with? Paris subway stinks like piss. but paris and london were the cities i felt most comfortable in when i was in europe. i guess because they are more multicultural than the italian cities. you cant get fresh juice in rome, everyone sells you coffee or weird italian softdrinks.
  • MB
    MB
    edited January 1970
    FBE Rocks wrote:

what criterias are you judging this with? Paris subway stinks like piss. but paris and london were the cities i felt most comfortable in when i was in europe. i guess because they are more multicultural than the italian cities. you cant get fresh juice in rome, everyone sells you coffee or weird italian softdrinks.

Yip. They're the criteria Elisa was imagining. The post should have been called "Which capital doesn't smell like piss and sells the most fresh juice?"
  • MrT
    MrT
    edited January 1970
    Edinburgh, hands down (don't start with the disqualifications - as far as the scots are concerned, it's a capital). Ljubljana is neat too.

I've really enjoyed Europe's smaller cities, where you feel you can get a grip on the whole thing. Most of our state/territory capitals are already beyond this point - 10 years in Brisbane and I still don't 'get' the north side. Never been to Darwin...