This is an archive. The forum is not taking new registrations or allowing new discussion, despite what the buttons might suggest.

Should Civil Society Launch an Israeli-Hamas Dialogue?

Afternoons with IPCRI

Thursday, March 9, 2006

15.30 – 17.30

Should Civil Society Launch an Israeli-Hamas Dialogue?

Dr. Sufyan Abu Zaida – PA Minister for Prisoner Affairs Prof. Gerald Steinberg – Bar Ilan University and NGO Monitor Zoughbi Zoughbi – Director Wiam Center and Member of Bethlehem Municipal Council Dr. Mordechai Kedar – Bar Ilan University

Notre Dame Center, Jerusalem

PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR PARTICIPATION – SPACE IS LIMITED

IPCRI@IPCRI.ORG FAX: 02-676-8011 TELEPHONE: 02-676-9460

Gershon Baskin, Ph.D. and Hanna Siniora
Co-CEOs, IPCRI
ISRAEL/PALESTINE CENTER FOR RESEARCH & INFORMATION

P.O. Box 9321, Jerusalem 91092
Tel: 972-2-676-9460 Fax: 972-2-676-8011
Mobile: 052-381-715
gershon@ipcri.org

http://www.ipcri.org
http://www.place4peace.com

“I think the idea that it is possible to continue keeping 3.5 million Palestinians under occupation - yes it is occupation, you might not like the word, but what is happening is occupation - is bad for Israel, and bad for the Palestinians, and bad for the Israeli economy. Controlling 3.5 million Palestinians cannot go on forever. You want to remain in Jenin, Nablus, Ramallah and Bethlehem?"

Ariel Sharon, May 26, 2003

“Democracy depends not just on elections but on a rule of law, on stable institutions, on basic economic security for the population, and on checks and balances that forestall a tyranny of the majority.”
Juan Cole

The love of one's country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?
Pablo Casals

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.
Abraham Lincoln

If you want to make peace with your enemy, you have to work with your enemy. Then he becomes your partner.
Nelson Mandela