This is an archive. The forum is not taking new registrations or allowing new discussion, despite what the buttons might suggest.

Who makes breezeblocks?

Anonymous
edited May 2005 in architecture
Does anyone know who (still) manufactures "breezeblocks" - preferably someone who will supply to Victora???

Comments

• Anonymous
    edited January 1970
    strangely just cleaning up product library (some of it anyway) and found a flyer for "glazed ceramic 'breezeblocks' by filigree fit" they are highly decorative, not sure if it's what you are after or if they are still around and they are in sydney but it's a start (maybe?)... (02) 9968 3411 ...good luck
  • Anonymous
    edited January 1970
    Thanks! Highly decorative sounds promising ...
  • Anonymous
    edited January 1970
    What's the difference between a breeze block and a concrete block?
  • Anonymous
    edited January 1970
    I'm thinking of the often decorative holey ones - you can use hollow concrete blocks on their sides, but their pattern-making is limited.

Sadly I couldn't find "Filigree Fit", maybe they are no more?
  • Anonymous
    edited January 1970
    I've been looking for the same thing - I found a company based in Wodonga called Heritage Building Products (ph 02 6056 1912, www.heritagebuildingproducts.com.au who deal with Hanson, a supplier of concrete breeze blocks. Hanson's contact number is 1300 365 565. They only seem to provide a diamond pattern, a louvre block or an open square. Better than nothing!
  • Anonymous
    edited January 1970
    I beleive breeze blocks contain ash which is produced as a by-product of different kinds of industrial processes that involve burning coal.The ash is also known as breeze by those in the trade as breeze It is combined with agregate and cement to make breeze blocks. Breeze blocks are also known as cinder blocks.
  • Anonymous
    edited January 1970
    And I'd always assumed they were "breezeblocks" because they allowed airflow ... they seem to be especially prevalent (and elaborate) in steamy Brisbane ...