This is an archive. The forum is not taking new registrations or allowing new discussion, despite what the buttons might suggest.

5% Commission to Artists for Future Sales

2»

Comments

• info
    edited November -1
    Also in Sydney, word is that most architects involved with multi-residential projects typically pick up an ongoing commission eg Tonkin Zuilaka, Engelen Moore (not sure how that works out now they split), Stanic Harding.

No chance up here in Qld - lucky to have architects at all.
    Although as the silly building names (thread) revealed there is no shortage of marketing names
    Rather than the architects

Then again music has always ensured a commission of sorts for the musician/artists
    Obviously prior to iTunes etc
    So I wonder if 5% is actually enough
    I think muso's get closer to 10% for each record/CD/download no?

SS - the proud Aboriginal artists I have been lucky to meet state their Aboriginal heritage first and foremost - no identity crisis.
  • simon seasons
    edited November -1
    <p>What is it with you people. I have no identity crisis info and my black and white arse is telling you so hairdresser. For your information as you seem to need it, my grandmother hid her identity from her family because her grandmother made her swear to. The identity crisis was pretty intense in those days. It was called the protection board.  A visit from the police and your kids getting bashed at school was an identity crisis Mr comfortable fat white bottom.</p>
    <p>Of course I am proud of my aboriginal heritage but you expect me to be ashamed of my white one as well? Now that's an identity crisis. I just don"t get it. I say white and you think I say black. I say black and you think I say white.  You tell me I am up myself and should be ashamed of it and then you're all up yourselves and poncing and pronouncing with glee. You should read your own gloating rampage about the Venice show. What a vicious demonstration of self important determinism. You've got some cheek thinking I have a candle to hold to your bilious crap.  What a load of artless hypocrites you are. You remind me of a bunch of bitches I once knew up at the Cross, only they had more style.</p>
    <p>Oh well. Life on the net goes on.</p>
  • hairdresser
    edited October 2008
    @ SS - yes to all of above.
    running a hair shop is a cut throat game - its turned me into just another arsehole.
    no ongoing % commissions on the styles.
    do a good one and some airhead punce with a sphincter mouth and kids named after dead rock stars in the shop two doors down is ripping you off the next day.
    going to open a tat shop in the recession and do vacuous ornament.

@ andrew. the jewish museum/nma was no beat up.
    wasn't much of a copy. libeskind's likely conclusion in the end.
    might have even been mildly disgusted to be their target.
    might have pulled his head in when ARM pointed out Micheal Heizers RIFT of 1968.
    look it up in Tangled Destinies - the book on the NMA from 02

@ miles - what is the story down there with arm suing.
    who would be so retarded to copy them?
    or is it the other way around?
  • info
    edited November -1
    SS - take some time out and cool down
  • simon seasons
    edited November -1
    <p>Info- Stop telling others what to do. It sounds patronising and probably is.</p>
  • hairdresser
    edited November -1
    pot calling the kettle black SS?
  • simon seasons
    edited November -1
    <p>I don't tell people what to do. I suggest an alternative and they can do with it what they want to.</p>
    <p>If my alternative is persuasive, even desirable, but the respondant can't bear to let go of thier habituals, then that is thier problem.</p>
    <p>It is not the same as my telling them what to do. It is them not taking responsability for not doing or thinking something and then blaming me for feelings of discomfort in thier own soul. (The origins of an identity crisis perhaps)</p>
  • hairdresser
    edited November -1
    "can't bear to let go of thier (sic) habituals."

or

just not convinced.

ps - seems a few irrelevant people like newspaper journalists, art critics, and US intellectuals think abundance/venice was shite.
    but fundamentally I agree with you. I am up myself. I cut hair.
  • mark_melb
    edited October 2008
    <p>Don't stop! Lloyds TSB guys are still getting their Christmas bonuses this year. What are you guys getting?</p>
  • hairdresser
    edited November -1
    the JWA guys aren't.