This is an archive. The forum is not taking new registrations or allowing new discussion, despite what the buttons might suggest.

What is Peace?

argroup
edited December 2004 in - arch-peace forum
[What is Peace?[/[/color]b] What does it mean to have Peace or to allow for Peace. Is South Africa 'at peace' ? After all, the war is fought and won......... (All comments welcome)

Comments

• beatriz
    edited January 1970
    Some dictators have brought relative peace to their countries, the peace of a graveyard. I just thought of the wise words of Arundhati Roy,

"There can be no real peace without justice. And without resistance there will be no justice. Today, it is not merely justice itself, but the idea of justice that is under attack."
  • ozge
    edited January 1970
    I believe there could be peace in the world if every country accepts terrorism a threat to her country and other nations. Generally, and especially before September 11, improved nations were used to see terrorism a practical way to sell gun and be rich. I want to believe it is changed but I know this is not true. For instance, PKK is a terrorist organization, they have killed thousands of Turkish innocent people, but even the neighborhoods of Turkey and EU countries are supporting PKK to kill more. They deny the terror in Turkey will return their country… In sum, there is no peace…