This is an archive. The forum is not taking new registrations or allowing new discussion, despite what the buttons might suggest.

Human R i ghts Arts and F i lm Fest i val 2007

Human R i ghts Arts and F i lm Fest i val 2007
Melbourne, Australia
RMIT Capitol Theatre 29th Nov – 2nd Dec

Rights : Camera : Action

Short & Sharp Pitching Competition Call for entries!

OPEN CHANNEL presents the 2007 Short & Sharp Pitching Competition in association with the Human Rights Arts & Film Festival (HRAFF)

Don't miss this opportunity to WIN $5,000 worth of OPEN CHANNEL resources to help you realise your short film project! This year, participants are asked to submit pitching proposals which provide insight into the every-day life of individuals or communities who are experiencing, or have experienced, human rights violations and triumphs.

The winning participant will receive funding to complete their film project within a three-month period for screening at the HRAFF, RMIT Capitol Theatre, 29 Nov – 2 Dec 2007.

The project must be no more than 10 minutes in length and can be a short film of any genre (comedy, drama, documentary, experimental). The pitch can be presented by one or more people but must be no more than 5 minutes long.

As a 'pitcher', you will be one of seven lucky contestants - SHORT & SHARP is your opportunity to hone the spiel and discover what it takes to sell an idea.

For submission details, visit www.openchannel.org.au. Deadline extended to 10th August.

There's also an opportunity to participate as an audience member....

2007 Short & Sharp Pitching Competition: The Event!

Be inspired and learn about the craft of pitching with public feedback given by a panel of industry professionals.

Where: Cinema Nova, 380 Lygon Street, Carlton
When: Wednesday, 22 August
Cost: $8 Full / $6 OC Members

Tickets will be available at the door.
Drinks and nibbles provided.

Do you know any-one else who may be interested? Spread the word far and wide to all filmmaker friends, through human rights networks, and any other interested people that would be great! If you want more info about the comp, check out www.openchannel.org.au.

--
Laura Vines & Marty Bortz
HRAFF Film Co-ordinators
Email: films@hraff.org.au
Ph: 0402 343 271 (Marty); 0402217594 (Laura)

Human Rights Arts and Film Festival Inc
Reg No: A0049847N
HRAFF IS CURRENTLY CALLING FOR FILM SUBMISSIONS
In November 2007, Melbourne will host Australia's first-ever Human
Rights Arts and Film Festival. By pairing human rights with the
popular media of art and film, we hope to broaden and strengthen human
rights dialogues in Australia. The festival is a not-for-profit event
run by a team of passionate volunteers and big-hearted sponsors.