This is an archive. The forum is not taking new registrations or allowing new discussion, despite what the buttons might suggest.

Amazing New Masterprogramme @ Zollverein School

movements
edited July 2007 in architecture
Hey there, i´ve found out about this new masterprogramm called `SPACE´ and I think it´s pretty innovative and sounds really interesting. It´s at the Zollverein School in Essen, Germany and is meant to be a 16 months post-professional programm in architectural design. It´s a brand new course of studies which will start in october 2007.
I came across it while searching for a master course that does not stick with the classical centre of architectural or design training and this one actually seems to suit my vision. The course is said to focus on the fringes and the `space´ architecture, politics, culture and society. In my opinion that is exactly what most of the other courses are missing.
The list of lecturers is amazing, it includes, among other: Ben Van Berkel (UN Studio), Kazuyo Sejima + Ryue Nishizawa (SANAA), Reinier de Graaf (AMO/OMA), Anne Lacaton + Jean Philippe Vassal (Lacaton+Vassal), Patrick Schumacher (Zaha Hadid Architects), Duncan Lewis (Scape), Momoyo Kaijima + Yoshiharu Tsukamoto (Atelier Bow Wow), Bjarke Ingels (BIG, former Plot), and many more.?

Not less spectacular than the team of lecturers is the Zollverein School itself. The imposing new building is the first design by Japanese architects Kazuyo Seijima and Ryue Nishizawa (SANAA) to be built in Europe.
I´ve been there for it´s opening and was so impressed.

`SPACE´ seems to be a great opportunity for postgraduate students, maybe you want to chek out their site: www.zollverein-school.com

startseite_univer_11_1.jpg
Zollverein_Designschool_2006A.jpg