This is an archive. The forum is not taking new registrations or allowing new discussion, despite what the buttons might suggest.

RRR - worst 10 buildings?

Comments

• hairdresser
    edited December 2008
    hd got no gossip for ya cabbie.

inside its all right. no country cack vanilla slice like the don't comes or the dirtbag up here.
    raw awful.
    bathroom next to balcony hagues got sad old tits in a tangle over is girls paradise.

think i know which one u are referring to cabbie.
    probably why i'd go for inclusion on the list.
    like had to come back and do that one while he's got time.
    melbs doesn't know what its got sometimes? cept collar?

not up on story next door.
    can't even work out wot u viccos r talking about? sorry.
  • greenhaus
    edited November -1
    Hi Guys,

I been looking at this list from the either side.

OK, I like to propose this projekt:

http://www.archdaily.com/1878/spidernethewood-rsien/

Grün und gut?
  • simon seasons
    edited November -1
    <p>Hi herr greenhaus.</p>
    <p>Expect a cold shoulder from 'the guys'. They've got a club happening and grun aint in it.</p>
    <p>Is all that folding wall in the plans for cross ventilation or space making? In either case, what's it made of and how is it green?</p>
  • hairdresser
    edited November -1
    ^
    burr,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,p.
    beah talkin - got a hangover hague.
    no white wine at stylin piss ups.

not getting any xmas party action out at straddy this year?
  • hairdresser
    edited December 2008
    ^
    ^
    nice one greenhouse.

who fcukin cares if its green.
    - looks like a 21C case study house.
    (no senator mccain for me - i'm voting - #10 - took me 5 days but i'm on to you collar.)
    thanks for the link gh
  • hairdresser
    edited December 2008
    < looks like we're done hague.
    no one went for the villa klein.

that ones safe on the queens english broadcasting service list of what not to leave in the rain?

bonus is u've gone minimalist with your post designs.
    fken ace mate.
  • b_n
    b_n
    edited December 2008
    <p>Saw Corro present his Carlton number, it's got my vote. Your right about the bathroom HD.</p>
    <p>A great little project and an ugly little blighter. Got to love him.</p>
    <p>Incidentally, all your wet stuff SS goes from the tiled balcony down a drain (revolutionary I know) and a down pipe which is one of the five "columns" required by planning.</p>
  • b_n
    b_n
    edited December 2008
    <p>Nice one GH, remember them from a cracking carpark, their other work is definitely worth a look.</p>
    <p>More at   http://www.new-territories.com/</p>
  • info
    edited November -1
    @GREENHAUS - that project is stunning, hardcore German camping? Garden plus tent - sweet link too.

THat must bring us to #9 or is it #10? 5 Cougars thanks ....
  • simon seasons
    edited December 2008
    <p>b-n. I wasn't talking about where the water goes. Obviously most of it is directed down a drain, (duh! is how you guys put it isn't it)</p>
    <p>I was talking about the window joinery where the water doesn't drain, but sits trapped by the angles and levels corroding metal or rotting wood. Allegedly it looks good, but can you tell me how that problem is avoided in that project.</p>
  • hairdresser
    edited December 2008
    wots wrong hague? buuuuuurp.
    nail your hand to the wall fixing a wine rack?
    or did an apple fall on your head.

looked at any of ya old school hardwood windows from your 90 degree - the world is a pizza - pagan universe. whats with the rot they all get at the bottom of the jambs on their horizontal sills.
    heard of surface tension? capillary action? gravity not the force at work?

corros a genius u knobhead knowitall - he's halved the number of jambs that rot - the uphill ones gunna stay dry.
    ha ha ha.
    buuuuuuuurp.

sooner we are taking flowers to church and kicking the hearse door shut on your generation the better.
  • simon seasons
    edited December 2008
    <p>Horizontal sills? No such thing on a properly made window. </p>
    <p>Again, you don't know what your talking about beyond cosmetic appeal.</p>
    <p>Sober up and check out window detailing from a manufacturer, or don't you Stylists bother with that sort of thing.</p>
  • b_n
    b_n
    edited December 2008
    <p>Thanks for the clarification SS.</p>
    <p>Interestingly, Corrigan devoted a good third of his lecture to window detailing. How to draw it so your builder could understand it etc. Funny, he said, it wasn't that the builder couldn't understand. Why wouldn’t you just order something off the shelf from Stegbar? They’ve worked it all out for you… nice and square, easy to install.</p>
    <p>The theme continued during question time when a plucky student asked in earnest: “Mr. Corrigan, sir, what’s the most important thing in architecture?”</p>
    <p>Rather than his usual malarki about aspiration toward the incredible complexity of human consciousness, the manifold manifestation of culture, the depth and riches of history, the ineffable inexhaustible reaches of the imagination, the most important social/cultural document etc etc or bemoaning the utter inhumanity of modernism or even an obscure quote from some 18th Century Spanish artist; after a characteristic pregnant pause, he simply said “window detailing.”</p>
    <p>Don't think the poor student got it.</p>
  • b_n
    b_n
    edited December 2008
    <p>DISQUALIFICATION</p>
    <p>Sorry Info, the building you suggested for #8 on page 3 has been disqualified as illegal works.</p>
    <p>Turns out it never received a building permit, "Inadequate disposal of rainwater run off."</p>
  • hairdresser
    edited December 2008
    ^
    ^
    ^
    hague - have u ever stopped to think why the old sandstone university kicked you, your solitary chrome ball and your nailbag out of town and over the edge of the world.
    they figured all your good for is digging holes to china.
    burrrppppppp.

stop pretending u r an office man and just enjoy letting the sand run between your big old toes.
  • hairdresser
    edited November -1
    ^
    ^
    b_n , i heard the owner hadn't hooked it up to the sewer.
  • b_n
    b_n
    edited December 2008
    <p>sewer? guttering? woof woof woof</p>
  • hairdresser
    edited November -1
    begs the question wheres the tank.....?
    bet the old pensioner is still watering his dog from the tap.
  • b_n
    b_n
    edited December 2008
    <p>SS is right, I'm a stylist at heart</p>
    <p>#8?</p>
  • simon seasons
    edited November -1
    <p>At least b-n alayed my doubts with some real information.  At last!</p>
    <p>Now your all nearly ready to vote, can we have a show of hands so we can see how many in this great nation are actually voting.</p>
    <p>Is it five or six?</p>
  • hairdresser
    edited December 2008
    ^
    we already voted hague.
    ha ha ha.
    you booed.

collar hung U by your bow tie?
  • hairdresser
    edited December 2008
    ^
    ^
    love the bag b_n
    got me thinking.
    Alternative 8
    neeson murcutt was up but hague voted for it and info thought hairdresser was underhand harbour city.

here is a nice bag fresh off the loom in 08.
    what do u reckon?
  • hairdresser
    edited November -1
  • hairdresser
    edited November -1
  • hairdresser
    edited November -1
    http://www.archdaily.com/2782/zenith-strasbourg-massimiliano-fuksas/
  • b_n
    b_n
    edited December 2008
    <p>I like. </p>
    <p>Luna Rossa II? can almost see it sailing, with a very smartly dressed crew, out the heads in a couple of days time, bound for Van Diemen's Land.</p>
  • b_n
    b_n
    edited December 2008
    <p>Real information? Ha! I'm making it all up.</p>
  • simon seasons
    edited November -1
    <p>b-n  And aint that just the definition of a stylist!</p>
  • hairdresser
    edited December 2008
    definition.

stylus
    the word stylus along with the word style came from the latin word stilus meaning - a stake, a pointed instrument, used by the Romans, for writing upon wax tablets, which derives from the Greek word meaning column or pillar. According to the 1875 London dictionary of Greek and Roman Antiquities a Stilus is an an object tapering like an architectural column, a metal instrument resembling a pencil in size and shape used for writing or recording impressions upon waxed tablets.
  • info
    edited November -1
    @b_n fair enough re #8 maybe the fly curtain is bit over cooked as well - just too fat.

@HD - sweet music hall. Makes the ARM efforts in Mel/Perth look extra earnest.

Merry CHristmas all - back to the bar