This is an archive. The forum is not taking new registrations or allowing new discussion, despite what the buttons might suggest.

mobility in architecture

elisa kouloumenta
edited September 2006 in architecture
i have watched many expos about the mobility in architecture and i think it's a very interesting area to make a research on. I'd like to find any sites about it.join the effort...

Comments

• FBE Rocks
    edited January 1970
    i have watched many expos about the mobility in architecture and i think it's a very interesting area to make a research on. I'd like to find any sites about it.join the effort...

Define mobility. If you meant mobile temporary structures then i think Seijima did a little timber school thing a year back.

and theres this australian dude who designed a plastic house that you fill with water when you get to site. the water provides the weight and solar mass.
  • elisa kouloumenta
    edited January 1970
    FBE Rocks wrote:

Define mobility. If you meant mobile temporary structures then i think Seijima did a little timber school thing a year back.

and theres this australian dude who designed a plastic house that you fill with water when you get to site. the water provides the weight and solar mass.

mobility in architecture like when the space can be used for several purposes, when it is easy to change shape, way of use or even a user. a moving wall, a transparent wall...are ways to do so
  • FBE Rocks
    edited January 1970
    Thats more like 'transformable' architecture