This is an archive. The forum is not taking new registrations or allowing new discussion, despite what the buttons might suggest.

Spencer Street - Melbourne

Anonymous
edited October 2005 in architecture
Its a bit of a random question, but could anyone here tell me the name/no. of the large building with the perferated facade that acts as a sort of screen to the building on Spencer St. I believe it was opposite-ish the new station. The perferated steel ran at angles covering the carparks on the first few floors and then are broken up to the provide a view from the balconies I think.

The reason I'm asking is I've just returned to the Uk after working in Melbourne and we are looking into a simialar impact cladding to some new residential appartments. I photo would be great, but otherwise I'll just try and hunt one down on the net.

Cheers.

Comments

• Anonymous
    edited January 1970
    I think that might be Liberty Tower by Elenberg Fraser. Give them a google.
  • Anonymous
    edited January 1970
    it is. thanks libby for the help!
  • Anonymous
    edited January 1970
    liberty is a project that i have photographed for the architects elenberg fraser. you can view images on my website - peterbennetts.com
    also see watergate towers in the docklands for more of elenberg frasers perforated folded balconies.